382 Kissing Point Road
Ermington NSW 2115
Phone: 02 8362 3000
Hours of Operation: 7.00am to 6.00pm
Our Active Kids Service at Ermington has been providing quality care since 1999. In 2017 we underwent the Assessment & Rating process and were awarded an Exceeding rating and also voted by the Active Kids Management Team as Outstanding Service of the Year.
We provide education based on the Early Years Learning Framework and we encourage the children to foster a love of learning through play and exploration. We cater and program for children 6 weeks to 5 years as well as incorporating school readiness for our 3 to 5 year old children by incorporating life readiness skills from their very first day at the service.
Children’s documented learning and daily experiences are accessible to all families via Kindyhub, our online communication platform. Our educators are also available to speak with you and your family on a daily basis.
The service is split into 4 indoor learning spaces
- Our Nursery for our children up to 2 years old
- The Caterpillar room catering to our toddlers 2-3 year olds
- The Cocoon room catering to our junior preschoolers 3-4 years old
- The Butterfly room catering to our senior preschoolers 4-5 years old
Our natural environments inclusive of our landscaped designed outdoor space provide children with endless opportunities to discover, investigate and learn about the world around them. The children learn to be responsible and sustainable as they care for various vegetables, herbs and plants in our gardens and also create mealtime practices that maintain our worm farm.
The children at our service have access to:
- Our Learn & Grow team that consists of a Fitness Coach, Language and Dance & Drama teachers that visit our service weekly to deliver a specially designed program
- An interactive Whiteboard that the children use for multiple purposes including research on interest based projects, music & movement experiences, yoga and writing experiences
- A flexible learning program that follows their interests
- Dedicated, qualified and long standing Early Childhood professionals that are committed to their roles
- A strong sense of community and family within this tightknit service
- Celebrations of various events throughout the year celebrating family, culture and traditions
- Transition to school visits with Ermington West Pubic School
- Monthly visits with Arrunga aged care facility
We also have a magnificent chef that works on-site 5 days per week who prepares 5 meals a day; breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and late snack for your children. We have two 4 week rotational menus to ensure there is variety across the days and weeks and we are also guided by the government to ensure we are providing our children’s growing bodies with nutritious foods from each of the 5 food groups on a fortnightly cycle. In addition to the above inclusions, we also provide our younger children with nappies, formula (S26 Gold) & a comfortable space for our breastfeeding mums.
Below are some of the compliments we have received from our families;
“Where do I begin! My son Xander is absolutely thriving at this center and loves all the ladies that care for him. They really work to make it as comfortable for him as possible . Really impressed with the meals that the kids have and also having daily updates when he attends along with an overview of what they had learnt or what they did is always a pleasure to see. Love how interactive the teachers are and are always looking for feedback from the parents in ways to make the children feel more comfortable. Overall, we are all happy with this center and recommend it to anyone in the area
Thank you Active Kids :)” – Kasandra Floric Jan 2018
“One of hardest thing for a parent is putting their kids into daycare and making sure someone else can look after your child just like you would.
The education, professionalism, kindness and love that the management and staff at Active Kids Ermington show toward my two children is absolutely to the highest standard. The staff have assisted me to settle into my kids care and their routines. The centre is clean and well equipped with equipment and Educational resources for both ages. They both love going there (5 months and 2.5 years)
And I can’t recommend them and their care services enough. They also have a full equipped kitchen and cook that prepare nutritional and fresh meals each day to the kids which is awesome” – Rocco FCPS Oct 2017