We understand that some Parents may be feeling concerned in regards to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). We would like to let you know that protecting the health and safety of our Active Kids children, family and teams is our absolute highest priority.
Active Kids Group is liaising regularly with health and education authorities to keep up-to-date on all advice, which we will continue to communicate to families and educators to ensure we are being proactive in managing the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
We are taking advice from the Commonwealth and State Departments of Health and Education, and acting on that advice accordingly. Currently, there is no direct threat to our services, if that should change you will be informed immediately via email, SMS and Kindyhub.
In order to stay ahead, we are implementing the following preventative measures to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in our centres.
Excursions and Incursions:
All AKG Excursions and Incursions will be suspended until further notice to reduce the risk of exposure via external factors.
Our teams will be providing children with their regular program and you will see the usual documentation about your child’s learning on Kindyhub.
All AKG Service events will be celebrated by our children, however external attendees will not be permitted to the service to reduce the risk of exposure.
Focus on hygiene practises:
We have well-defined policies and procedures that determine how we operate our centres. We have been adapting these based on the latest government advice and will continue to do so to ensure we are implementing the highest standards of hygiene throughout our services.
Parents will kindly be asked to use the hand sanitiser provided in classrooms and front foyers.
- Focus on frequent hand washing with soap and water, including drying hands properly
- Avoid shaking hands: whilst this is a genuine sign of welcome and friendship we will not shake hands/hug at this time of increased risk
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- If you or your child are unwell, avoid close contact with others and stay home until your symptoms have resolved
- Tell us if there is a problem. We want to support our community where possible, in line with the advice provided by NSW Health.
When should I not attend my centre?
- Effective 16 March anyone who arrives in Australia from anywhere overseas is required to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Any child or team member who has had close contact with any person with a confirmed case of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) must not attend their early learning centre for 14 days following the exposure. Prior to returning to the centre, we will require those impacted to obtain a medical clearance.
- Please see attached the latest fact sheet for parents from the Australian Department of Health
- For further travel advice please refer to the Australian Government Department of Health website.
If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, you must stay at home to prevent it spreading to other people.
To find out more, read the home isolation information sheet.
When should I contact my centre?
We ask that you telephone your Service Coordinator immediately if you are contacted by Public Health and advised that your child, you or another member of your household:
- Has travelled to or via a destination overseas
- Has been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Is being investigated as a suspected case of COVID-19 and/or is being tested for COVID-19
- Is a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Will Active Kids Group be closing any centres?
Active Kids will remain open. We will take advice from the Commonwealth and State Departments of Health and Education and act on that advice.
If at any time we are instructed to close a centre, this will be communicated directly to families via email, text and Kindyhub. The length of the closure will depend upon the advice of the relevant government departments.
If you are worried or have more questions please do not hesitate to call us, alternatively there is a health information line, please see details below.
Coronavirus Health Information Line: 1800 020 080
Call this line if you are seeking information on coronavirus (COVID-19). The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
I would like to reassure you that the health and safety of our children, families and educators is our highest priority and we are doing everything we can to ensure safe keeping.