Our Approach to Early Learning
Throughout each of our 15 child care services across Sydney, Active Kids Group has a strong focus on the developmental needs, interests and experiences of each child, encouraging learning through play for children from Nursery through to Preschool.
Active Kids Group provides opportunities for your child to learn and develop every day through a specialised curriculum that is based on The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia. The Framework‘s vision is for all children to experience play-based learning that is engaging and builds success for life. This is central to our Early Learning approach.
3 key attributes for Childhood Learning:
The Framework outlines three key attributes for childhood learning and development, that is, belonging, being and becoming.
- Belonging is the basis for living a fulfilling life. Children feel they belong because of the relationships they have with their family, community, culture and place.
- Being is about living here and now. Childhood is a special time in life and children need time to just ‘be’—time to play, try new things and have fun.
- Becoming is about the learning and development that young children experience. Children start to form their sense of identity from an early age, which shapes the type of adult they will become.
Educators will work with you to deliver a learning program that builds on your child’s natural interests and abilities, while considering individual differences.
Our Approach to Early Learning FAQ
This ensures your child receives quality education programs in line with the National Quality Standard in their early childhood setting. This is a vital time for them to learn and develop.
Read more about The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia here
- National Law and National Regulations
- National Quality Standard
- Assessment and quality rating process
- National learning frameworks.
- Weekly visits from our Learn and Grow team which consists of professionally trained fitness, dance, drama and language educators. All programs will be delivered in the form of 30 minute weekly lessons. Each week, educators and families will receive the lesson plans and the resources that will be used.
- We facilitate the development of children’s literacy and numeracy skills and harness children’s natural curiosity with letters and numbers through play based learning through the ‘Transition to School’ program. We also provide programs throughout the year to further support your child’s transition from the early childhood setting to primary school.
- School Liaison Program
- Incursions/ local excursions including library visits, shopping for veggies at the local supermarket, etc.
- Visits from local doctors, dentists, police officers and firemen.